Here’s what Owen has been up to lately.
1. He’s speaking two-to-three word sentences pretty regularly now; his favorite word? “Mine.” Favorite sentence? “I want it.”
2. He has quite the imagination! He likes to pretend that his banana slices are frogs that jump around the table, and he can turn almost anything into a telephone, including turkey-dogs and whole sweet potatoes.
3. His most favorite thing in the world is playing outside with his daddy.
4. He’s the most observant little boy I’ve ever seen.
5. He loves to dance. “Move It,” from the movie “Madagascar 2″ is his favorite song.
6. He absolutely adores his friends and says hi to all of them at random. “Hi Buddy Dane.” “Hi James.” “Hi Reese.” “Hi Mallory.” Etc. etc. etc.
- (Sorry that the video is flipped. I can’t fix it.)
7. His obsession with Blue Bear and his pacifier has reached new extremes, and I hate the days that we have to put Blue in the wash. (Total. Meltdown.)
8. He says “honkin’” instead of “pumpkin.” It’s so cute I don’t correct him often.
9. He can count to 6, but often skips 4 and 5.
10. He loves to brush his teeth and wash his hands, but mostly because he gets to climb up the step ladder to the sink.
Other news? We pulled him out of Mother’s Morning Out. After almost eight weeks of tears and never-ending colds, we decided to wait until spring to re-enroll him. Hopefully, he’ll be a little more mature and we won’t be in the thick of cold and flu season.
What have you and yours been up to lately?