‘Tis the season for baking, but I’d rather spend more time eating, which might explain the extra few pounds I’ve gained since Halloween!
I found this super easy recipe for red velvet cookies on Pinterest about a month ago, and I’ve been making them non-stop ever since. The cookies have all the flavor of red velvet cake without all the work.
You can check out my version of the recipe below, or see the original here.
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) sugar cookie mix
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, softened
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon red food color
- 1 egg
- 1 pkg white or semi sweet chocolate chips. (I’ve used both and they’re equally delicious.)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, stir cookie mix, cocoa, butter, sour cream, food color and egg until soft dough forms.
- Stir in Chocolate Chips
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until set. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
NOTES – The original recipe calls for a cook-time of 10 minutes, but I found that it took at least 12 minutes to cook completely. Since every oven varies, I would set the timer for 10 minutes and then go from there.
What’s your favorite holiday recipe? Feel free to link to it in the comments!